Tuesday, September 9, 2014

We're all mad here


I had the opportunity to throw baby showers for two of my cousins this summer. They were both expecting their new additions to the family in July, one in the beginning of the month... and one at the end. Each of the baby showers were VERY different. 
The first shower was an Alice in Wonderland mad tea party shower! Here we go~


 The table centerpieces were hand made from large soup cups and artificial roses. Paired with my grandmother's teapot collection, each table had a similar theme but different look.

 Everyone at the party received a little bottle with a tag that said Take Me on it. I found these hand blown Egyptian glass perfume bottles on Amazon.com

Every place setting had a paper doily, some silverware and a tea cup... again from my grandmother's collection.


 These drink me Mason Jar mugs were available for anyone who didn't want tea. We set up Iced Tea and Lemonade as well as a Keurig Coffee Maker for Tea and Coffee.

 Each mug was wrapped with Lace Washi Tape and some twine to hold the tag on.



 

 Our snack and food table was a major hit. In my family we don't mince words when it comes to party snackage, I found a lot of cute fancy ideas on Pinterest for the snack table, but nothing beats Cheese and Crackers, Chips and Dip, and a nice spread of veggies. For this shower the Mommy to Be was really craving Chicken a la King, which my grandma whipped up for her to put over biscuits. The Chicken a la King was a bit hit at the party, as far as I could tell!
 
 
 The cake was a joint effort between me and my Mom. I've never been much of a baker, but decorating cakes is super fun! We made a three layer cake, my mom really liked the idea of dying the cake layers to match the roses we planned to put on it. The cake also had a raspberry filling.. This was our first time filling a cake with something other than frosting, so that was an exciting adventure.

We also made little cakes that said "Eat Me" on them. I don't have a good shot of all of them, but the first picture above has one of them in it.











Congratulations to the new parents! They were very excited about this party~ I'm happy to have been able to throw this party for them.


1 comment: